Monday, August 26, 2013

Humor is Nothing But a Huge Interruption!


Bear with me for the sappy tone that's to come your way, but my one-and-only daughter Lindsay turned nine today. Ever since she was born, I have tried to journal both monumental milestones as well as funny things she would say or do. Nothing fancy, just short hand documentation of the fact that yes, she was once young and yes, she did once say, after a successful commercial audition, "I parked it out of the knock!" instead of "I knocked it out of the park!" If you're a parent or aunt/uncle, you know kids say funny things, but if you don't write them down, you'll forget! After reading a few pages of old entries, I realized that this child of mine has been nothing but an interruption in my world. Yes, you read that right. She is a HUGE INTERRUPTION!  On the days when I was busy cleaning, cooking, working or driving all over town for her activities or my errands, she was an interruption. When I was tired and trying to focus on the computer or completely deprived of energy, she was an interruption. And when I was bored and stuck in a rut, she was an interruption. When I say an interruption, I mean a great interruption! She made me laugh. And based on my records, she made me laugh and smile when it was least expected and yet, most needed. And I think the combination of least expected and most needed is what makes laughter so powerful!

Now here comes the video plug...dum, da, dum, dummmm! That's what a humorous custom video does for your employees! It interrupts them! No, I'm not talking about distracting them; I'm talking about interrupting them when they need a good dose of humor, positive energy, or plain silliness! So when exactly should you interrupt your employees with a Creative Message Media video? Any time you find this happening...

-When your information has facts, figures, numbers, or fancy words
-When your employees look as glazed over as a donut
-When your staff looks as bored as a midget in a theme park
-When your audience has the attention of a fruit fly 
-When your year end company party is using Power-Point to excite the crowd
-When your meeting attendees are dozing faster than Aunt Edna after a Thanksgiving meal
-And any time you have to deliver serious information before 10:00am or after 11:00am
 
So remember, laughter is nothing but a huge interruption! And if you allow it to come into your meeting, presentation, party, or training, you'll look back and realize it was the most powerful part of the event! 

And yes, our lines are now open if you'd like to sing the Happy Birthday song to Lindsay!

Jenny Locklin 480-225-0128
















No comments:

Post a Comment