Friday, February 1, 2013

Podiatrists, Dentists and Hair Stylists Have it Made!

I envy podiatrists, dentists and hair stylists! Not because they get to, or have to (depending on your outlook) touch other people's body parts but because their job title is very clear to common folk. I doubt podiatrists ever hear, "OK, so you work with hands." Or a dentist hearing, "So, what exactly do you do with them teeth?" Or a hairstylist hearing, "So, once you get this hair in your hands, what do you do with it?" 

I recently went to a networking event where we had to deliver a 60 second commercial on our business or profession. I quickly learned that "I create videos" earned the response of, "Oh,ok so you're a videographer. I'm getting married in the Fall maybe you can film my wedding." To which I replied, "uh, no you're not in your video, I'm in your video!" She disappeared before I could even get a glimpse of her engagement ring. When I changed it to, "I make entertaining videos that are very creative" they replied, "Sweet, you're the camera woman for adult films?" These responses prompted me to make this video. How about you? I'd love to hear some of the responses you hear after telling people what your profession is!

Oh, you're a web designer? Cool, you ever get bit by those spiders?  

 
480-225-0128

No comments:

Post a Comment