Thursday, February 9, 2012

Do Not Disturb, Ugly Woman at Work


Why do unexpected visitors decide to come to your door  
when you look like this?

Why can't they stop by when you look like this?
 It's the unwritten rule.  You'll always run into at least 3 people when you look your worst and never run into anyone when you look your best!  As you might have guessed, I was in the midst of filming yet another riveting and highly intellectual video when my neighbor, who I don't know very well, decided to stop by and deliver some home made won tons to celebrate Chinese New Year.  As you can see from the horrific photo at the top, I was sporting my 7 year old daughter's bathrobe, which barely fit around my back, exfoliating facial mask that had been on 2 hours too long creating my barely noticeable fine lines (heehee) to look like the San Andreas Fault and let's not forget, the missing tooth to finish off the look.  Unfortunately, I was standing within view of the front door shutters when the door bell rang so I couldn't run and hide.  Once I opened the door, she quickly handed me the plate of goodies and reached for her daughter's arm as she slowly started to back away from the door.  It's the same reaction people have when they see our 86 lb. American Bulldog for the first time...sheer terror!  I so wanted to explain why I looked like a train wreck but instead, I just mumbled "Thank you." 

The next day, I did what any other rational woman would do.  I gussied and glamored myself up, walked to that same neighbor's house and thanked her for the wontons while apologizing for my "mother" who happened to be babysitting yesterday!

Here is how I now protect myself from unexpected visitors while 
I'm in the midst of filming a scary character...

480-225-0128

No comments:

Post a Comment